Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Decrease to increase.

Just a while ago, I found out that a couple that I admire broke off their engagement. The level of sadness I felt was as if I was the one who just got un-engaged. I thought, "they're perfect together, how can they just break up like that?!" Then after stalking the guy, (I found out that more people are consoling him since he posted about the breakup on Facebook) I realized that there are times when everything seems perfect, something will happen that can make you think otherwise. A lot of people were posting Bible verses on his page. It's really overwhelming how friends, and even strangers are there for him, posting words of encouragement and support. I'm still trying to let it sink in. A couple that seemed so perfect just broke up and it makes me feel a little less hopeful regarding relationships. 'Cause if something like that can happen to a perfect couple like them...what would happen to other less-than-perfect couples? God's plan. That's what happens. That's exactly what should happen.

When you think that everything's so perfect, everything's going your way. You need to stop thinking. Stop thinking about what you want and start thinking about what He wants. What He wants for you is beyond perfect, beyond what you can imagine. After all, He's our father. And fathers want what's best for their children. Realizing all that is very important for me. 'Cause all too often, I focus on what I want and it always ends with frustration. In every bad situation, we need to keep in our minds and hearts that God is working. Always cheering us on during tough times, we just need to stop and look for His hand, always ready to carry us through. We need to use the bad things that are happening to strengthen our faith. We can use the pain we are feeling to heal other people's wounds. Don't waste the pain.

Broken can be beautiful. Better things are coming. For that couple. For you. For us.
Trust Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment