Pages

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

2015

The first quarter of the year knocked the wind out of me
Today's the last day of the year and I'm still trying to catch my breath

2015 sped by with a sequence of highs and lows
with a lot of memories to cherish
  moments of celebration
  cries of grief
  missed connections
  tears from laughing
  sighs of relief
  answered prayers
  built walls
  new bridges

I questioned the path I am in
I stepped out of my bubble
I wore different hats
I lost, I gained
I conquered, I failed

This is the year I had to learn 
how to live with loss
how to find magic in the mundane
how to love what's left
how to stay steadfast
how to trust what isn't here yet

Through it all, God remained
beside me, behind me, ahead of me
His love—evident all around me
not bound by time or my feelings
No matter how messed up my life can get
No matter how perfect my life may seem
His love will remain
He is faithful still
So I'm pressing on
Believing for more
More of Him
more of Him

No comments:

Post a Comment