Pages

Monday, October 22, 2012

Feels like I slept all day.

Yup. I feel like I just woke up from a 24-hour sleep. But that's just a feeling. I probably just slept for 14 hours or something. And also, I feel like I wanna sleep now, which is strange because I usually sleep at 3am and it's only 12am. Ha.
So, I'm reading this novel by David Nicholls... I've seen some parts of the movie. I'm telling you, some books are not as fun to read when you've seen some parts of the adapted movie. But I'm still reading it. I don't want to waste such a good book. So far, I'm having fun despite the fact of, you know, seeing some parts of its movie.

SPOILER ALERT. SPOILER ALERT! Do not read if you haven't seen or read the movie or the book and you still want to see or read it.
There's a part in the story where Dex writes an 11-page letter for Em. A love letter that's not really a love letter, asking Em, his best friend to be with him... And guess what, he fails to mail that letter which would've been the start of something so beautiful and right for the two of them. AAH! Dex and Em. Em and Dex. The book probably would end sooner if that letter got sent. That part of the book lead me to thinking of all the "what ifs" and "what could've beens" and the like in my life. It's mind-boggling to think of such things. I think it made me more sentimental than necessary. It's all too bittersweet to take in. I had to write something about it. One is not meant to think of things like that if you're past seems more promising than what you have now. It is the past. Sure, you can keep those wonderful memories, but you can't keep coming back to the past. It's the past. It's past. Get over it! Better things are coming.I'm sure of it. If you don't believe me, just read the 40th verse from Hebrews chapter 11!
This was because God had something better in store for us. And he did not want them to reach the goal of their faith without us.
Whenever you feel like what you have now isn't as good as what you had in the past, just remember that the future is bright. Remember that. God knows it. He has a great plan for you. Plans for you to prosper and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Jeremiah 29:11) 

I would probably write a book review once I finish the novel. That's something to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment