Pages

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Two Saturdays in One

Manix Abrera - the genius behind Kiko Machine Komix

exhibitors in THE Clothing
The official poster for the festival
Me with MALL's works :)


Me and @RosyBleu

Me with some artworks at Pen Pen's

Last Saturday (September 30, 2012), I attended the first Bloom Arts Festival in Cubao X. 70+ artists contributed their blood, sweat, and tears (figuratively, I hope). Artworks were displayed in selected shops and restaurants in Cubao's art haven. There were also special merchandise around for everyone, Bookay-Ukay, Designers of Asia, Moonleaf and others set up booths to sell their products. Some artists were also selling prints of their artworks, some were giving away stickers. A raffle promo was held during the event where lucky attendees won prints and artworks from some artists who exhibited their work. I got to meet artists whose works serve as an inspiration for me, like Tokwa PeƱaflorida and Manix Abrera. I got to tell them how much of a fan I am. Haha! I love doing that - fangirling. I feel when someone has a positive effect on you, you have to tell them to pass on the good vibes all around. Quoting what a newspaper article said about the event, "art blooms all over Cubao X." It was a great event for artists and art enthusiasts. I felt great about the art scene here, it just goes to show that we have a ton of talented artists here in our country. I hope art will bloom even more 'cause I've always believed that art can make our country, if not the world, a better place. I hope they make it an annual event so that more artists can be showcased and the art scene here in the Philippines can grow into a big beautiful garden!



The awesome stage setup

The view from our seats!
Last night (October 6, 2012) was the first ever concert I attended in Araneta Coliseum! And it couldn't be better to have Foster the People be the first band that I watch live in that arena. I can't remember the name of the opening act but they sure got me pumped up for Mark Foster's wild dancing, beautiful singing, and his band mates' wonderful playing. The first song they played was Miss You. I can't get over Mark's electrified dancing while playing the piano, it's like some wild spirit has taken over his body. I love it. I keep looking back on that moment because I really felt his passion for what he's doing. FOSTER THE PEOPLE IS SO MUCH BETTER LIVE. The songs come alive with more personality than the recordings. And you have to see the band dance! They are truly passionate and you have to watch them live to see and feel that. During that concert, I released the stress I was feeling regarding school, and my insecurities. I head banged, jumped, danced, and sang my way out of those negative feelings and it worked!! Big thanks to Midas Promotions and Dayly Entertainment for bringing the band here in Manila, and especially to Foster the People for giving me an awesome first concert! And bigger thanks to God for the blessings, for being the motivation and for giving me the strength in finishing schoolwork so I can attend the concert. I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW AWESOME OUR GOD IS! You just have to experience that for yourself, and I pray that you will. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment