Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2012

I am not ____ enough.

Here comes my insecurity again. I've always struggled with it. I'm very insecure when it comes to my artworks. I feel so down when I see other people's great works. I feel like I will never be as good as them. That I'll never be good enough. Some days would comprise of wishing that I was as great as others and beating myself up for not being as great as others... It's becoming a cycle. I make an artwork, I stare at it for a while, then I look at other people's works and just feel so inadequate about my work. I hate it. I want it to stop. I need it to stop. I don't think there's any benefit to it. I know negative thinking has its perks but I want to stop believing in it so much.

I'm just so appalled at how insecure I can get when my Maker created me in His image. I cannot tell you, I do not know where to begin. I cannot fathom God's love for you. For me...For us! He really wants me to believe that I am enough. I am good enough. Thank You so much for giving me this message to meditate on for today. From now on, I will not give in to my enemy (insecurity). I will look at You if ever the enemy comes close. He who empowers me, amazes me, motivates me, loves me, cares for me, and forgives me. I have been equipped by His love and the empowerment of the Holy Spirit to do whatever He called me to do. Therefore the mentality of not being good enough should be eradicated from my life. It will be eradicated. He loves me and knows what's best for me and that's all that matters.

I am enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment